Mr. Hamdan served on Daarul Uloom Board of Education from 2003 to January 2006. He
joined Daarul Uloom during 2017-2018 as the High School Islamic Studies Teacher. On
January of 2018, Burhan was named the Dean of Students and on January of 2020 became
the Interim Principal. Burhan is an accomplished Muslim Community Leader and School
Principal with deep expertise in many communities. He helped lead and deliver
communities’ goals and objectives. Burhan has the right combination of hands-on process
implementation, teamwork, and management experience, combined with solid Islamic
Education, Professional Development & Technical Skills General Islamic Studies:
• General Islamic Studies – Islamic Online University.
• Dawah Certificate – Islamic Online University.
• Master’s in business administration/Technology Management – University of
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering – Wichita State
• Certificates in Hadith and the Life of the Prophet (Allah’s Praise and Peace be upon
• Certificate in Dawah.
• Certificate in Foundation of Islam and Creed.
• Led mentoring and counseling programs for children, youth, adults, and refugees.
• Developed and led educational programs for children, youth, adults, and new
• Led numerous Friday and Eid prayers in many communities around the United
• Developed and conducted workshops related to Marriage in Islam, Foundation of
Dawah in Al-Islam, and Hajj and Umrah.
• Led and helped developing full time Islamic schools, weekend schools and Quran
• Served as Teacher, Vice Principal and Principal for various Weekend Schools.
Areas of Strength:
• Leadership Vision and Execution.
• Youth Counseling and Development.
• Conflict Resolution.
• Problem Solving.
• Work Standards.
Mrs. Farghaly Joined Daarul Uloom Islamic School in 2008 and held the position of Pre-K1 teacher. In the year of 2011, Mrs. Farghaly started her responsibilities as an administrator and between vice principal and interim principal, she gained a wide experience in school management and leadership.
After completing her BA degree in Education and before residing in the United States in 2000, she worked as a certified teacher for three years teaching English and French languages to elementary, middle and high school students. After residing in the United States, Mrs. Farghaly also acquired more experience in the field of education by completing multiple trainings in Early Childhood Education and teaching at various Islamic part-time schools, such as the Saudi Arabia School and Sunday Schools. In addition, in 2014 Mrs. Farghaly successfully completed leadership training at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Mrs. Farghaly has a great deal of passion for working with students and parents. She works hard at organizing school events and fundraisers, counseling students, working on the ins and outs of running a school, ensuring the students, staff and families have what they need to be part of a safe, intelligent and committed working environment. She is a proud and dedicated employee. She values her relationships with her coworkers and all Daarul Uloom students and parents.
HS Vice Principal
Mrs. Maha Ahmed is teaching Islamic Studies and Quran/Arabic for middle school and high school and is a teacher in Daarul Uloom Qur’an Academy. She taught Islamic Studies, Computer Science, Art and Character Education the previous school year. Mrs Ahmed holds Bachelor degree in Medicine & Surgery, a Master’s degree in Human Physiology, a teacher certificate in Hafs and Tajweed, and a Certificate in Nooraniyah. Additionally, she comes to Daarul Uloom with five and a half years of past teaching experience, with about 18 months out of those years teaching here at Daarul Uloom.
Mrs. Mustaffa graduated from University of Missouri Kansas City in Mathematical Science and received a Master of Science Degree from Illinois State University in Economics in 2002. She worked with Financial Solutions Midwest as an office manager until 2010 before joining Daarul Uloom in 2011 as an assistant teacher. She is currently in her eleventh year as the school admin assistant for Daarul Uloom.
Mrs. Mustaffa brings years of experience in office management from her previous occupation. She is a very organized and diligent person both professionally and personally. With her strong attention to detail and her ability to deal with various situations that require tactfulness and discretion, Mrs. Mustaffa works well with fellow staff members, parents, and students to ensure the day-to-day administrative operations at Daarul Uloom remain smooth and on-time.