School Health and Safety
Fri, Mar 6, 2020
The health and safety of our students is our top priority. We continue to follow and update our safety procedures based on the recommendations from the following resources:
1. Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC);
2. Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH);
3. Islamic School League of America (ISLA)
Currently the health risk to the general public from coronavirus remains low and IDPH recommends schools hold classes and events as usual, and follow routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures; no special measures are necessary.
The IDPH also recommends the best way to protect against coronavirus is by taking the same everyday precautions against getting sick in general. These include:
1. Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. |
2. Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. |
3. Avoiding close contact with people who are sick. |
4. Staying home when you are sick. |
5. Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. |
6. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces. |
To see the complete recommendations to schools from IDPH, please see link below. We will continue to closely monitor recommendations regarding coronavirus and will update you as soon as there are any significant changes in recommendations for schools. Jazakum Allah khairan and thank you for your support in helping to keep our school and community healthy.