Set up a daily routine/schedule
Mon, Nov 23, 2020
Set up a daily routine/schedule and stick to it. Include your child(ren) in making this decision
Last week I shared with you the four tips on how to setup a successful eLearning environment. Insha’Allah this week, I will share the details on the first tip - “Set up a daily routine/schedule and stick to it. Include your child(ren) in making this decision”.
What does this look like?
• Waking up at the same time Monday through Friday.
• Getting dressed and ready for the day.
• Block out time for reviewing, learning, and homework.
• The All-Day Learning Schedule: Divide subjects into 1 to 2 hour blocks throughout the day with an hour lunch/recess. (Ideal for K-2nd grade.)
• The Split Day Learning Schedule: Divide subjects evenly between morning and afternoon. The morning is dedicated to 2-3 subjects while the afternoon is dedicated to 2-3 subjects with an hour lunch/recess to act as your transitional period. (Ideal for 3rd-6th grade.)
• The Typical School Day Schedule: Power through a 4 hour block of learning in the morning, break for an hour lunch/recess and continue for an additional 2 hours in the afternoon. (Ideal for 7th grade-12th grade.)
Why is it important?
• Consistency is important.
• Time management is an important skill for your child(ren) to develop, which in turn sets them up for academic success in the future.
• It will open pockets of time for parents to balance work and household obligations while maintaining consistency with E-learning.
• This process is trial and error. It is normal to rearrange your e-learning schedule multiple times until you decide on which one works best for your household.
• Commit to one schedule for an entire week before changing anything because it will take at least 3 days for your child(ren) to adapt to the new routine.